Do plasterboard with their hands
You think about how to design a ceiling ofplasterboard with their hands? For the knowledgeable person to carry out such ideas is not difficult, and even for a beginner - a task quite solved. This is a great way to save money and buy an important skill if you do this for the first time. Having mastered the ceiling, you will not be difficult to make the slopes, piers, to sheathe the walls of this material. Plasterboard is very popular, almost no repair is not without its use. And there are a number of reasons.
- Benefits plasterboard ceiling
- Varieties of drywall, their properties
- Installation of the device and suspended ceiling
- How to make plasterboard: step by step instructions
- Fixing the material to the frame
- the ceiling of the second level device
Benefits plasterboard ceiling
- Plasterboard, a sheet which consists of gypsum,lined cardboard, absolutely harmless. It does not emit toxins and neallergichen. Therefore, it carved ceilings in bedrooms, children and any other premises.
- Its surface is smooth, even and without cracks. Perfect, both for painting and wallpapering for.
- Good sound absorption, thermal insulation qualities.
- The ability to create an original design of the ceiling, for example, the construction of multi-level structures with stucco.
- Plasticity (sheets may be bent, moistened before it, and then by drying with hot air, used for finishing curved surfaces).
- Helps to hide communications (ventilation ducts, water pipes, various cables), use the built-in types of lamps.
So, considering all the benefits, you have decided to equip the ceiling is the use of this finishing material. The next step you have to choose his particular species.
Varieties of drywall, their properties
- Plasterboard - gypsum board, faced on bothParties soft cardboard glued on the surface of the plaster. The standard length of these sheets can be, and 2000, and 2500 and 2600, and 2750, and 3000 mm, width - 1200 mm. They are of a thickness of 12.5, and 9.5 mm. For better use of premises 9.5 to lighten the weight of the structure. Trim gray cardboard.
- GKLO - fire-resistant gypsum board. It is usually not used in the apartments, but only in the factories, for finishing duct, Communications mines.
- Gypsum plasterboard - water-resistant gypsum board. Applied in bathrooms and kitchens, bathrooms, but only if there is exhaust ventilation and protection of the front surface waterproofing compounds, ceramic tiles, waterproof paints, primers, or ceramic tile. Trim green cardboard.
- GKLVO - moisture-resistant gypsum board increased fire resistance. It combines all of the above properties.
- GVL - gypsum sheets. They are not pasted over cardboard. Plaster is reinforced with a special fluff pulp waste paper. Such sheets have a high hardness and resistance to flame. They correspond to the standard dimensions of a conventional sheet, but the thickness of the more - 6 or 10 mm.
- GVLV - moisture-resistant gypsum sheets.
Installation of the device and suspended ceiling
This design of the 4 basic elements:
1. The sheets of drywall.
2. Ceiling directing profile UD (28-27 mm) and ceiling profiles major CD (60h27 mm). Guides - are attached to the wall just below the ceiling along the entire space on the perimeter. They have inserted the main load-bearing profiles (longitudinal). Between them are the main secondary (transverse) profiles. Sheets of drywall are attached to this profile (longitudinal and transverse). They can be recognized by the C-shaped curved edges, longitudinal stiffening ribs and flutes.
3. The suspension lines (universal) and clamp. The most frequently used direct universal hangers U-shaped, which are attached to the main ceiling, and it is already attached to the main profiles. Suspensions are frequent holes in the side portions. This allows you to fasten it to the profile at different heights, adjusting it.
4. Connecting elements: anchors and dowels, through which are attached to the ceiling hangers, fasteners crab - fasten the main longitudinal with the main transverse profiles, anchors that secure the rails to the wall profiles.
Typically, frames, consisting of profiles on the suspension, is divided into two types: single-level and multilevel.
Ceilings of plasterboard respectively, too.
For the installation of gypsum ceiling, you will need the following tools:
- Level (preferably water)
- Drill with hammer with different attachments: for mixing a solution for drilling (drill), to cut the necessary holes for the lamps)
- Simple triangle or square (to measure angles)
- Paint chipping cord or pencil
- Construction hacksaw
- Fishing lines
- Point light ceiling
For the final stage of leveling the ceiling will need:
- Putty knife
- building a knife
- Container fillers
- reinforcement tape
How to make plasterboard: step by step instructions
Once all the materials, tools, and components are prepared, you are ready for installation.
1. First, determine how the new ceiling will be below the base. A minimum of 10 cm will have to sacrifice, because the standard built-in lamp takes 9 cm in height.
2. Make marks on the walls around the perimeter for fastening the guide profiles. For these purposes, in all corners of the measurable height of the room. Choosing the lowest angle, note the required distance from the floor (just above the floor, but not from the ceiling), denoted by the horizontal along the wall using a water level. Lines can fight off a paint cord on the planned level of points.
3. wall lines drill holes for the wall plugs in the wall with a pitch of 30-40 ms, then fasten the guide profiles.
4. Now fasten the ceiling hangers in increments of 60-70 cm, after outlining the parallel lines, ie, making the layout, which serves a guide.
5. Insert the key into the guide profiles.
6. Fasten basic profiles to the suspension, and then they Bends. For smoothness, it is desirable to pull the fishing line or cord.
7. The main profile is fixed basic secondary profiles. They are fixed in a place where you plan to attach sheets of drywall. It turns out a kind of metal grill, which is a single-level frame.
8. Laying the wires for future postings. Do not forget to cut a groove in which the cable will be held. The grooves must be placed in the wall from the switch to the ceiling. After the cable, follow the wiring in the ceiling, release the free ends of the lamp in a pre-specified locations.
9. The next step - fixing plasterboard on frame.
Fixing the material to the frame
After the metal frame is built, you must attach it gispokartonnye sheets. This is not an easy procedure, the execution of which is divided into several stages:
1. Cutting using a handsaw - a special, fine-toothed (or ordinary clerical knife). It is best to cut the sheets 120h250 or 120h125 see. The main thing is that the ends of the sheet accurately accounted for the supporting frame lath. Sheets must lie on a flat surface (preferably on the table) horizontally. Further along the level of spend on plasterboard on the front side with a knife. Then slide the sheet from the table and cracked it. After a turn and cut the cardboard with the other hand.
2. The edges formed after the cut is treated with a plane. She should get a flat, without kinks. All projecting edges are cut with a sharp knife.
3. Cut holes for the built-in lights and ceiling rosettes. They should be carefully measured by determining the exact location on the sheet, then mark and then cut using a drill with the right nozzle or a hacksaw. If the drywall will pass through the pipe, the diameter of the hole should be done> 10 than the diameter of the pipe.
4. Finishing the ceiling plasterboard. Gypsum boards are allowed to mount to the frames in two ways: longitudinal and transverse. When attaching the cross they are perpendicular to the main bearing metal profiles. In longitudinal - in parallel with the main supporting profiles. If there are additional lath, it is necessary to conduct fixing sheets on their angle in two perpendicular directions. If additional Reshetin not, then fixing is conducted from the end of the sheet or from the center. Screws are installed at 10-15 mm from the edge of the sheets. Screws are installed on the front surface of the sheet and perpendicular to such a depth, that their heads were unable to penetrate the carton and do not protrude over the front surface. Also, they should be included in the metal frame> 10 mm in depth. The length of the screws is chosen based on the total thickness of the planned plasterboard linings. The maximum allowable distance from one screw to the other - 150 mm. This value can be doubled if the coat plates repeatedly. The guide profile screws should be installed close to the back wall, then screw can not bend the shelf inside the profile. Cardboard should not be disheveled in places where screws will be attached. If screws are deformed or have been placed by mistake, then they are removed and placed at a distance of no new <50 mm from an unsuccessful attachment points.
Important! Joints sheets should always be placed on the profile!
Gypsum boards do not need to do very close towalls. The gap is better not putty, and cover the ceiling area. Then, in the case of expansion boards can avoid deformation of the ceiling. For direct mounting to the ceiling panels need to work together, or use the same backup.
Plates should be positioned horizontally to adjust to each other and tighten the screws to the frame.
Important! Before installing drywall should not <2 days complete rest in a room where it will be mounted. Then he shall gain the humidity and temperature of the room.
5. The sealing of the joints. Do not putty immediately. Wait for 2 days. Then, check the joints for defects and eliminate them. Surface cleaned from particles and dust. Better to use reinforcing tape, placing it in all joints. It prevents cracking. If you are using an expensive, high-quality plaster, then it is sufficient to treat only the joints (and then paint on fiberglass from the gun) if cheap - then it should be putty the entire ceiling, and then make a painting roller. Sequencing:
- Clean the seam edges, moisten them, fill the jointsputty, pressing with a spatula; - Causing the base layer of putty, lay reinforcement tape, pressing it with a spatula. Do not leave air bubbles. The surface of the tape coated with a thin layer of putty, and wait for the complete drying; - Sanded joints with sandpaper; - Apply a layer of putty on the pre-dried layer; - Apply another layer of leveling putty and let dry; - Remove irregularities with sandpaper.
the ceiling of the second level device
- Pre-plan, make the drawing figure, the outline of its ceiling.
- Recapture the first level of the ceiling height of the second.
- Fasten the guide profile.
- We make installation of the main guide of the second level to the main guides to the edges of the first stiffening.
- Bending radius profile for the required sections.
- Dilute the wires under the lights.
- Scrollsaw plate the desired shape and fasten it, as in the first level.
- Scrollsaw drywall strip and close the box.
- Install lights.
If you strictly follow the above instructions,, There will be some questions as to fix drywall to the ceiling. You will be able to do everything carefully and accurately. It is enough to show patience, effort, and you can get excellent ceiling construction, made with his own hands.