How to soundproof the ceiling in the apartment with his hands
Quality of life in his own apartment depends onlargely from neighbors if they are noisy, and always at the wrong time ... What to do - ask to swear, to sort things out? You can try, but this is not always effective, and troublesome. And you have to hear again and again unfolding sofa, a baby crying, playing the piano, a noisy party. But coming home tired, we often want to stay in peace and quiet. But there is a way out of this situation. Soundproofing a ceiling with his hands to help get rid of the annoying of unwanted sounds.
- The types of noises in a room
- Methods of insulation of ceilings
- Soundproofing ceiling plasterboard
- Suspended acoustic ceilings
- Noise stretch ceiling
- "Floating" soundproof floors
The types of noises in a room
Noise arising in the room are of two types:
- Air. Such noise produced by air vibration propagated source of sufficient capacity. They are transmitted through different slits, cracks and even through the outlet (the sound of the radio, TV, people talking).
- Sectors Structural. This noise resulting from mechanical action on the partition between apartments. Such noise can be attributed nailing, moving furniture, drop a heavy object on the floor, drilling and others. Since the body through solid sound travels at a speed of up to 12 times greater than air, the structural noise is clearly different and spread over large distances. Therefore, when one of the occupants to hammer nails, they know about it all the neighbors on the porch.
Only one way out - to make the room soundproof. Soundproof necessary not only to the walls, floors and walls, and ceilings. This will weaken the sound pressure and prevent the spread of noise.
Methods of insulation of ceilings
Soundproofing ceilings made in various ways. This may be sound insulating boards, insulating compounds, suspended ceilings and other options.
Often, to improve sound insulation spaceokleivayut foam sheet and then plastered. In fact, this method is inefficient. Penopropilena, foam or cork is not enough delay excess noise.
It can be combined with suspended ceilingsnoise absorbing plates, fixing them on the basis of the ceiling, but a large ceiling height in the room is required for this. If the ceilings are low, the sound absorbing plate is attached directly to the ceiling, and this work is not easy and requires adherence to specific technologies, so these works are invited, usually specialists.
High level of sound insulation is achieved bythe use of modern liquid sound- and heat-insulating compositions. Such materials not only protect the surface of "thermal bridges" and moisture, and retain good sound. According to its thermal insulation and sound-absorbing characteristics of millimeter layer of the composition is equal to one brick laid in length.
Note. The houses, built of brick or concrete structures, soundproofed ceiling is insufficient, need to perform all the soundproofing of premises surfaces.
Soundproofing ceiling plasterboard
This method of insulation of ceilings - the mostcommon among people who are doing repairs with their own hands. Installation of gypsum board is easy and quick, it takes not to have construction skills. It is possible to use different insulating materials: polyurethane foam blocks, reed tiles, foamed glass wool. The most eco-friendly materials include coconut fiber and cork.
The process of acoustic plasterboard ceiling in the following order:
- Use the spirit level on the perimeter walls of the facial skeleton is held marking the location.
- To attach special ceiling brackets, they will then be attached frame. Step carcass is from 0.6 to 1 m (depends on the number of sheets of drywall, the thickness and type of construction).
- Using a special glue stick to the ceiling membrane.
- Set the frame: the perpendicular installation - in increments of 50-60 cm, with a parallel installation - 40 cm.
- Between the frame profiles to the membrane is glued sound-insulating material.
- plasterboard panels are fixed to the profilesframe, connections routed zvukoarmiruyuschaya band. To avoid cracking the mounting seams, you should try to mount the end of the gypsum boards into place location profiles.
- With the help of plaster or waterproof mastic are sealed joints between the gypsum boards.
Suspended acoustic ceilings
Designed specifically to absorb noise in the room. In addition, acoustic ceilings concealing irregularities of the ceiling base and have a very beautiful appearance.
Installation of the ceiling is not complicated and is fast:
- Marking is done.
- With rails and suspension design mounted.
- The stacked cell formedsound insulating boards made of fireproof and water resistant material which absorbs sound in the room, and reduces the echo (fiberglass or mineral wool).
Noise stretch ceiling
Contrary to popular belief, stretchceilings have high soundproofing properties than suspended. The explanation for this lies in the laws of acoustics: ceilings appear as peculiar resonators, while the stretch, on the contrary, sounds extinguish because of its soft texture.
- Noise insulating material is attached with screws or glue to the base ceiling. For this purpose, special acoustic panels.
- Then to the ceiling at a distance of about 10 cm from the layer of soundproofing material stretch ceiling mounted design is done Electricity.
- Tensioned fabric (before installing it must lie for hours in the room where the installation will be performed).
"Floating" soundproof floors
Another effective way acoustic - isdevice "floating" floor in the apartment above. Of course, this simple technique can be applied in the case of well-established relations with the neighbors above, all the more so that it gives an amazing sound-absorbing effect.
On the floor is poured granular foam, fiberglass sheet veiled or technical cork.
On the insulation layer is laidconcrete screed, which then laid the main floor. If the insulation material is laid directly under the floor covering, the insulation will be less effective.
To improve sound insulation, on the floor topApartments can be installed and elastic substrates that will suppress noise. It can be a roll-up substrate with a polyethylene foam base or a technical plug. Well-suppressed noise compounds based on polymer fibers or fiberglass. This scheme of laying the neighbor's floor results in the most reliable sound insulation of your ceiling.
Soundproofing ceiling will help you protect yourself fromneighbors the noise from above, and you will not hear their conversations, footsteps, loud music. How do you have time to make sure there are many ways ceiling insulation, and some of them choose to turn your home into a safe haven - you decide.