How to make plasterboard backlit
What gives the interior a unique atmospherewarmth and comfort? Professional design approach, refined furnishings, well-chosen color scheme and, of course, room lighting. Do you want to radically change the familiar surroundings or to add some zest to a previously created image of the house? The ceiling of plasterboard with lighting - that's the best way to realization.
- Choose lighting to the ceiling
- Used types of lighting
- The advantages of LED lighting
- Criteria for selection of LED strip
- Useful Tips experts
- How to calculate the lighting power
- The ceiling of plasterboard backlit own hands
- Installation of LED ribbon
- How to connect the tape
Choose lighting to the ceiling
Suspended ceilings - a universal form of decoration that can transform housing beyond recognition. And if you provide the backlight, the bright and original atmosphere assured.
Used types of lighting
Depending on the purpose and methods of the organization are the following types of illumination:
- General lighting. As a rule, it does not involve any frills: it is enough ceiling tire with lamps and hanging fixtures;
- Task lighting is used when it is necessary zoning space. Then the lights in the work area will be bright, and a recreation area - muted.
- Illumination "for comfort" offers boundless field for the imagination. Some people are impressed by the effect of a starry sky, and someone like "Northern Lights."
The advantages of LED lighting
LEDs - the most common material for the performance of the backlight ceiling plasterboard.
This is explained by the fact numerous advantages of the bearing member and the beauty of the light.
- LEDs are practical, unique and inexpensive (10 meters tape costs about $ 20);
- low energy consumption (compared to other light sources they use energy 60% less);
- easy to install. LED strips are available with self-adhesive base, which is easily attached to drywall;
- The control unit allows to coordinate the operation of the LED remotely.
Criteria for selection of LED strip
The modern market offers a LED strip in different embodiments. In order not to get lost in the variety of choice, it is necessary to know what similar products are different from each other.
- View LED. The most popular ribbon SMD 5050 and SMD 3528, where SMD - mounting type, and numeric value - kind of LED. 5050 Diodes more powerful and therefore more expensive.
- The density of the diodes. The most popular are considered to LED ribbon density of 30, 60, 120 diodes per 1 meter. The greater the density, the more intense brightness.
- The degree of protection. There are not protected against moisture and water proof tape. Protection class IP designated abbreviation.
- Color. There are tape-color (blue, white, red, yellow and green), and there is RGB tape, the ability to change color.
Useful Tips experts
The main reference point when choosing lighting - the pricequestion. If your budget is limited, you can pay attention to the monochrome ribbon SMD 3528 (not drip-proof) with 19 diodes per meter. One may ask, why not buy the RGB strip for the same price? The fact that such a tape need a special controller - you will not see him no bright colors.
In the case where money is not a problem,You can look at the SMD 3528 with a density of 120 / meter SMD 5050 or at 30 diodes per meter. Acquire the tape with a high density is not necessary, because the It is used for functional lighting, and our goal - contour lighting. Buy Weatherproof tape or not - again, you decide. If you are afraid that the neighbors will flood, then choose the backlight with silicone insulation.
It is important! Choose a tape based on the primary color illumination. It is imperative, what color you will use most often. The best way the eye perceives green hues, while the blue, even on very powerful tape seems a bit lackluster.
Too cheap to take the tape also not recommended - available degradation and color shift diodes balance.
How to calculate the lighting power
After the choice in favor of akind of tape is made, it should define the quantity. We measure the perimeter of the required area, calculate the total power of illumination. To do this, multiply the yardage tape on a recommended capacity of 1 meter (do not forget to specify this option from the seller).
On the basis of the received data, select the controllerand power supply unit. Typical output looks like this: SMD 3028 - 60 diodes / m (4.8 W); SMD 3028 - 120 diodes / m (7.2 W); SMD 5050 - 30 diodes / m (7.8 W); SMD 5050 - 60 diodes / m (14 W).
The ceiling of plasterboard backlit own hands
On the perimeter of the room is planned to start linebases, which are secured to other components of the construct. The distance from the ceiling -. 20 cm guide profile fixed dowels (for the room width). Further, the marked lines are mounted hangers. The main (bearing) guides are inserted in the starting frame and plasterboard are attached to the suspensions with screws (2 on each side of the profile). Subsequent device made after marking on the length of the room. Longitudinal sections need to secure the "crabs" that are bought, together with self-tapping screws.
This need to know! Step between the guide must be at least half a meter. It is desirable to duplicate the fixation of longitudinal directions.
Once holistic framework is ready, it is necessary to fix plasterboard screws.
Hats should neither act nor is recessed and must be flush. Between the sheets is necessary to provide the gaps that need with a possible extension of the drywall.
It is important! Clearances shpaklyuyut with the entire surface of the sheet, and then sanded. Experts advise to cover the primed sheets, on top of which you can apply any paint.
Installation of LED ribbon
The process of mounting the tape is not complicated. The main thing - the right to cut and connect it. LED ribbon's reels sold in 5 meters. It is necessary to cut it in a specially marked locations into smaller pieces. The parts are then soldered. Be careful not to overheat occurred. Monochrome ribbon requires soldering 2 contacts "+" and "-", and RGB tape - the same name V + «R», «G», «B».
Joining more than 3 Babin is not necessary. Tracks conducting current, can not withstand such power. If the perimeter of the area to illuminate more than 15 meters, should connect portions parallel to each other.
How to connect the tape
Connection should be carried out in the following order:
- Connecting the power cord to the terminals L and N supply unit (if available connections with the power cord).
- Connecting the controller (when using RGB tape) with the correct polarity.
- Connecting the tape to the controller or power supply unit (if single-colored lights).
It is important! Carefully follow the polarity unit and recheck the belt tension match supply and controller.
Job completed. Now you can with a sense of accomplishment to enjoy the splendor of radiant iridescence that turn the room into a corner, where magic reigns.
Originally looks bunk ceiling structure with point lighting fixtures. The unique solution supports stylistic tone interior painting.