How to insulate ceilings in the house
What could be more important to a man than a warm andcozy house, where the whole family gathers in the evening. Make a home cozy - a task mistress, but to make it really warm - master debt. However, very often there is a situation when the window units are replaced, the walls are insulated, the heating system is in good order, and the warmth of the house is leaking like water through your fingers. What is the reason? But from the school physics course it is well known that warm air rises, so the most likely place for the ongoing heat is the ceiling. And if in multi-storey buildings it is not necessary to pay attention, because there is another apartment above you, the owner of the house in the private sector, sooner or later will think about how to insulate the ceiling.
- With a warm hand
- insulation device from the attic
- Materials required for the thermal insulation of the ceiling
- Tools required performers
- Thermal insulation of the ceiling: the sequence of work
- How to insulate the ceiling inside the private homes
With a warm hand
The ceiling can be insulated from both the residentialrooms and the attic. Which of these methods depends on many things to choose. If the house is renovated and has already installed plasterboard construction, break them for the sake of insulation - is silly. But if the repair using false ceilings only in the plans, it is worth to take a moment to place an insulating layer in the ceiling void. However, the ceiling of the attic insulation is much more effective.
insulation device from the attic
In order to insulate the ceiling from the attic, you must first throw out all the accumulated rubbish and clean the floor beams of the old insulation.
The primary heat insulating material usually used mineral wool or foam.
We recommend to use something, and more. This will get the maximum effect.
Materials required for the thermal insulation of the ceiling
- Mineral wool in rolls or plates
- moisture vapor barrier film
- Cutting board or USB fibreboard and chipboard
- Polyurethane foam
- Nails or screws
- Thin wooden slats
Tools required performers
- Electric jigsaw or ordinary hacksaw on wood
- The hammer or screwdriver (for attaching USB on fibreboard and chipboard screws)
- Acute building knife
Thermal insulation of the ceiling: the sequence of work
Thermal insulation is produced in the space between the ceiling beams in multiple layers.
- First, there is a layer of waterproofing, whose role inthis case will play a "vapor barrier". film width should be 10-15 cm longer than the distance between the beams. We put the insulation and fasten it to the joists with brackets.
- The next layer - foam. Here is very useful sharp knife. The foam should be put as close as possible, ie, that the gap between the insulation and the beam was minimal. Given the fact that the beams can not be entirely smooth, it is better to leave a small margin, and then cut the "on the spot".
- To improve the seal to blow out the gap between the sheets of foam with foam and give dry. Then remove the excess foam with a knife. We put another layer of "vapor barrier".
- Came the mineral wool. Lay it should be so that the edge of the heater coincides with the edge of the beam. If you purchased the mineral wool insufficient thickness, it can be laid in two layers. In this case the joints sheets of the first layer must fall on the middle sheets of the second layer.
If you have dry loft, in order to saveit is quite possible to stop. But, you see, exploiting the attic floor with quite uncomfortable. So, if resources permit, to lay on top of the beams edged boards or USB - plate.
Council. Sex is better to do in the attic of the USB - plates. Due to the special impregnation, this material is not afraid of changes in temperature and humidity.
How to insulate the ceiling inside the private homes
Unfortunately, insulate the ceiling from the attic, you can not always. Sometimes the roof of the house is designed in such a way that it does not exist.
In this case, insulation must be done from the inside. Apply this method is only recommended as a last resort, because it has a number of disadvantages:
- The ceiling in the building becomes considerably lower.
- After completing work on warming the room will almost certainly require repair.
- Some insulation materials in use emit substances harmful to the human body.
Quite often, the ceiling insulated during installationSuspended ceiling structures. It's enough for plasterboard or plastic ceiling laid a layer of mineral wool or foam stick. However, these methods are not sufficiently effective. In addition, the ceiling height in private homes is not always possible to lower it further 15-20cm.
So what better to insulate the inside of the ceiling? Often, the best way out is the use of aerated concrete. In addition to the low thermal conductivity of the material is another indispensable quality - it is light. This means that it can simply be glued to the ceiling. You will need:
- Aerated concrete thickness 8-10sm.
- Adhesives for polystyrene plates.
- Wide notched trowel.
- Primer deep penetration.
- Hacksaw on a tree.
Before starting the work necessary to carefullyprimed the ceiling and let it dry. It is desirable and primed plates with the side that is adjacent to the ceiling and tortsov.Teper on a plate with a notched trowel to apply the adhesive and pressed it to the ceiling. Thus one row of glue. Plates need to glue the next row in the "checkerboard" manner.
Important! If the ceiling in your house curve, it can be aligned in the process of warming. It is sufficient to check the status of each board level.
When the ceiling is completely pasted, it should be primed to pull the masking grid and finished to putty.
Now that you know how to properly insulate the ceiling. Whichever method you choose, your work will not be wasted in vain, and the following winter in your home will be much warmer than the previous one.