Stucco always takes a lot of thoughthosts. It would be desirable, and so beautifully turned out and cheaply, quickly, and efficiently. But any work associated with finishing plaster, do not stretch for one day and require significant financial investments. Besides, a few years it will take to refresh the surface. Fabric stretch ceilings - it's aesthetics for the lazy. The cost of such ceilings, even with the installation will be less than the materials for plastering. Self installation takes no more than a few hours. And colors can satisfy even very intricate design ideas as well as fabric ceilings can be painted, apply any image manually or by printing.
- Truth and fiction about the fabric ceilings
- The real benefits of fabric webs
- Myths and Realities of quality
- Which is better: fabric or PVC
- mounting technology with their own hands
- Simple preparation work
- Installing wall moldings or profile
- Stretching and strengthening the fabric web
- Photos - examples of fabric suspended ceilings
Truth and fiction about the fabric ceilings
Modern solutions of suspended ceilings made of clothIt appeared relatively recently, but already overgrown with myths. This is largely due to the desire of producers and sales agents to market their goods and led to the fact that the fabric webs is credited with completely absurd or contradictory qualities. On fabric ceilings ratings beneficial owners are also very different from praise to be disappointed. Therefore, we try to distinguish between myth and reality.
The real benefits of fabric webs
- Resistance to temperature changes. Operating temperature range of tissuepaintings ranges from - 40 ° C to + 80 ° C. This makes it possible to install them in unheated areas, such as terraces, verandas, balconies, in newly constructed homes.
- seamless. Fabric webs are produced with differentwidth, the maximum is 5.1 m. This is enough to pull the fabric without seams in most rooms. If the width of the room is more than 5 meters, the installation of a stretch ceiling fabric over the entire surface is not possible, since the paintings are not connected.
- Strength. Cloth fabric is not easy to scratch or damage the accident with a sharp object, a knife or dart.
- It does not require exact measurements for mounting. Cloth stretch ceiling is purchased with a margin, and then cut off the excess.
- Easy installation. Fabric stretch ceilings do not require working with a heat gun, the room warm. All work is reduced to the installation of a baguette and web tension.
- The material does not burn.
- not electrified.
- It can be repainted with acrylic paints up to 4 times.
Myths and Realities of quality
- Environmentally friendly. The material for the fabric ceiling iscompletely synthetic polyester impregnated with polyurethane. In some exceptional cases, the web produce their glass or natural fibers, but their naturalness is reduced to zero completely impregnated with polyurethane. In fact, maintaining that fabric ceilings clean, meaning that they do not stink and does not emit fumes, even when heated. This environmentally friendly finishes. On the other hand: a large piece of clothing is now made of the same polyester, so if you wear these clothes, then a synthetic stretch ceiling will not play any role.
- Protects against flooding. Cloth stretch ceiling reallywater resistant, for he just impregnated polyurethane. Strength paintings also enough to withstand high water pressure. But there is one important caveat. Ceiling inelastic cloth does not stretch like PVC, so in case of heavy flooding is likely to break out of the web mounts, and the water still result in the room.
- Breathability. This myth has appeared because of the large knittedcanvases, which, as it were visible pores. Manufacturers themselves are skeptical that their fabric breathable. So the fabric ceiling is not "breathe" as any synthetics.
- Ease of use. Textile fabric absorb odors, as well as it collects dust. A practical it will not name. Although the owners say that the ceiling is easy to clean with a cloth and ordinary soap and water.
Which is better: fabric or PVC
How to choose a stretch ceiling depends primarilyturn on the operating conditions and the personal preferences of the owner. Just wanted to clarify that the more expensive fabric ceiling PVC ceiling at least 1.5 - 2 times.
If we consider the question of aesthetics and colorDiversity, then, of course, PVC ceiling win on all counts. Standard color solutions for PVC films 200, while the tissue webs - not more than 20 pieces. Fabric ceilings can be painted with acrylic paints, apply any drawings or photo printing, but the image will always turn out faded. Nor is it possible to make a fabric ceiling glossy. While drawing on PVC film so realistic, that is able to be immersed in the atmosphere.
Most often, the fabric roof like a high quality stucco, and this is its main advantage. If i do not want to mess with plaster, you can safely use suspended ceiling.
PVC films are afraid of low temperatures, even at 0 ° C, it begins to crack, so that in the open and unheated rooms must be installed only fabric ceilings.
The undeniable advantage of fabric ceilingsIt is compared to the ease of installation of PVC. It takes much less time and does not require special equipment and skills. Also during installation difficult web break or damage.
In large rooms ceiling fabricpreferable as the width of 5 m. If we set the ceiling of PVC, his paintings have to be welded. This joint is a weak spot construction. The naked eye can not see it, but if you focus attention on it, so to speak "catch eyes", even in the monochromatic surfaces he said.
A significant drawback of PVC ceiling isthat with the beginning of the heating season, the film begins to exude an unpleasant odor technical. To this, many owners complain. This property is absolutely devoid of textile fabric. So, choosing a suspended ceiling, will have to weigh the many "for" and "against", not to be mistaken.
mounting technology with their own hands
The domestic market offers products onlytwo well-known companies, this fabric ceilings Clipso (Switzerland) and Descor (Germany). Cloth Descor somewhat thinner, so it can be attached or shtapikovym wedge method.
Universal same option fabric stretched ceiling mounting is a clip-on fasteners. Make it yourself can be just a couple of hours, but care will have to call a friend.
Simple preparation work
First we need to measure the distance from floorto the level of the ceiling mounting. The minimum clearance between the ceiling and the web may be 2 cm. Next, the lowest point and from the applied level of future tension ceiling by a thread construction on the perimeter of the entire room.
Installing wall moldings or profile
To fix the tissue stretch ceilingsold special prints of durable plastic, which has flip clip that holds the inside fabric. Prune baguette strips at an angle equal to half the angle of the room to join them.
Fix the baguette to a wall or ceiling (for thisthere is a separate type of baguettes) on the perimeter. Mounts have in increments of 10 cm. Zasverlivaem holes, then insert the dowels into them, putting a baguette and fasten it with screws.
Stretching and strengthening the fabric web
Linen fabric ceiling is most often sold inconvolution. It must be removed from packaging and straighten. Then, the web should be taken together, one will be temporarily secured, and the other to support the weight. With a special rounded spatula blade tucked into a baguette. Please make a temporary attachment to a distance of 50 - 70 cm from each other. From the angle of retreat at least 30 cm.
Begin to fill the canvas with a short wall,then with the opposite of it. In the last instance - to the long walls. Carefully stretch the fabric and the rolled his prints rounded spatula. The move must be from the middle of the wall to the corners. At least fixed angles.
When the cloth is completely fixed in a baguette, cut off the excess with a knife stationery. In order not to damage the fabric, put a baguette and a long spatula under it makes the cut.
If in the process of tension appeared small waves, you can get rid of them, warming up at this point the canvas hairdryer. Installation of decorative skirting is done only after finishing walls.
As you can see, the process of mounting the tissue tensionthe ceiling is quite simple and requires no special knowledge. To make it easier to understand installation technology, we offer watch a video in which the two different ways of installation are described.