The thermostat for floor heating
So, in my house it is planned to build a warmfloor. This task on the shoulder any owner! Infrared film can be used in any room and installed under any floor covering - linoleum, laminate, carpet, flooring or tiles. And still on the mind only thermostat for underfloor heating. This unit is the most important element of the film system.
- Construction temperature control of underfloor heating
- controller Functions
- Types of thermostats for underfloor heating
- The use of underfloor heating thermostats
- Mounting the thermostat
Construction temperature control of underfloor heating
Temperature controller (thermostat) - an electronica device which is designed to control a heating system to maintain the floor heating surface and housing a predetermined temperature. Many thermostats except for the floor temperature sensor in its configuration and have a built-in sensor that measures temperature and humidity.
The simplest models are equipped with a sensor andspecial pen to set the desired temperature. The controllers are equipped with high-end liquid crystal display, the setting of the desired temperature with the passage of time and change management using a computer.
Regardless of the model, temperaturedigitized scale set in a wide range from 10 to 40 degrees Celsius. Thermostats are made of lightweight, durable plastic and comply with all safety requirements established for electrical appliances. Prevent accidental opening or closing device.
The use of thermostats with floor heatinghelping to create the most comfortable indoor climate and significantly reduce electricity costs. This situation is completely excluded overheating or subcooling.
After the installation of the controller there is no need to open windows to adjust the temperature, as the device supports high-precision temperature - up to one degree Celsius.
The controller performs the function of underfloor heatingprotective device. If there is a sudden jump in the voltage network, accidental damage or cable overheating, there is a possibility of short circuit, which can cause output of the entire heating system of the building. The thermostat prevents such overload protective relay is triggered immediately and is switched off the electricity supply.
Thermostats seasonally operate in different modes, but the devices are easy to use and versatile, as well as their inherent indicators such as intelligence.
Types of thermostats for underfloor heating
Today the market offers a variety ofmodification thermostats, starting and ending with the simplest instrumentation devices that are equipped with additional sensors. Among the devices, which are designed to control the heating of floors, allocate such basic types of thermostats, as the mechanical, electronic, programmable and sensor.
- Mechanical control of floor heating temperatureIt is the easiest and cheapest option. Most often, the temperature control is carried out on the tactile level. This model is ideal to keep the temperature within a small space - for example, in the bathroom, bathroom, shower room, where there is no need to save electricity.
- Electronic thermostats differ frommechanical presence liquid crystal display which allows to see the exact point on the screen. This figure seems at first glance insignificant. But, according to official sources, the leg is considered to be the ideal temperature 26 - 27 degrees Celsius. That's why you need to precisely maintain the temperature in this range.
- Programmable controllers allowindependently set the time on and off the system, and at certain time intervals to maintain different temperatures. Almost all the models in the domestic market it is possible to program for a week and a day.
- Sensor thermostat for water warmIt is advisable to use flooring if it is a question of large heated areas, and it is desirable to save electricity. The thermostat will duplicate the operating time and temperature values that have been set by the user until these parameters are changed.
Within each type thermostats different manufacturers may have further useful functions.
The use of underfloor heating thermostats
Underfloor heating controllers are used throughoutthe installation of ventilation, air conditioning and heating in the industrial, agricultural, commercial and residential buildings. Thermostats can be installed in buildings that already exist, or under construction buildings for different purposes and with different number of storeys.
Such equipment includes comfortablesetting: the thermostat can be placed in the old or new heating systems, as the apparatus is adapted for the useful life in all sorts of conditions.
Thermostats ensure a comfortable temperature,as it reduces the excess supply of heat from the heating system when the heat gain from the sun rays. Once a little warmer outside, the power consumption is significantly reduced.
Controllers primarily needed in places where the temperature conditions change throughout the day:
- in the kitchen, where the extra heat comes from a gas stove;
- in a room on the sunny side, in which the temperature increases day by natural heating;
- in the living room, because there is constantly going to the residents and visitors;
- in homes on the upper floors as the bottom up flights of stairs rising warm air, and often can not breathe.
Mounting the thermostat
Thermostats should be installed on the wall in the room, which is scheduled to be heated. On this wall should not get the sun's rays, the regulator must not be covered by curtains and curtains.
Wiring floor heating thermostatIt depends on the controller model for underfloor heating. In a general embodiment first need to disconnect the wiring. It must be remembered that a malfunction that occurs due to incorrect wiring not covered by manufacturer warranty.
List of tools and materials that are needed for installation:
- Corrugated plastic tube that has a diameter of at least 16 millimeters;
- Slotted Screwdriver;
- standard mounting box made of plastic.
The thermostat should be installed inAfter installation of floor heating systems. To prevent damage to the thermostat should be left in the packing box until direct mounting. It is necessary to avoid the mechanical effect on the display.
All contacts are to be connected,located under the front cover of the machine, to which access occurs after removal of the cover that is fastened with screws. Remove it possible by means of a thin screwdriver, alternately pushing down on the tabs that are located on top and bottom of the controller front cover.
The device is installed in the terminal boxes andfixed with two screws that are located on the horizontal axis of the regulator. When you need to install the display and screw cap, not much tightening the screws. Thus, the connection of floor heating thermostat does not take much time!
Now I understand why the installation of the system warmfloors and is recommended to install the thermostat. The device helps to maintain the required room temperature and save energy at the same time. The most expensive models are equipped with additional options that allow you to control the humidity.