Screens and grids for batteries (radiators) heating
Modern refined design projects require perfection in every detail. Even new heating radiators can negate the entire idea and spoil the overall impression of the interior. What to say about dusty shabby Cast iron radiators last generation, still confidently takes place under the windows in older homes. So what do you do in that case? Rectify the situation will help screens for radiators.
- Why screens and grille?
- Types of decorative and protective elements of data
- What makes the screens for radiators
Why screens and grille?
Consider the main advantages of decorative screens on radiators:
- Protects the radiator from dust. Batteries tend to have such a shape that is very difficult to completely clean, and even the back wall of the heat sink to wipe at all impossible. Thermal radiation raises dust and small particles circulate around the room, forcing their occupants to breathe. Structural features of grids and screens such that the ingestion of dust is eliminated, and the heated air circulates freely, without meeting on the way any obstacles.
- The ability to pick up their appearance soa way that the battery is merged with the room design. The screens on radiators can also turn the device into a stylish and elegant interior detail.
- Protection against injury as a result of burns or hitting the edges or corners of the structure. This item is without significance for the families who have small children.
- Improvement by creating a natural convection threshold occurring in the air flow path. Due to this warm air is more evenly distributed in the room.
- The ability to avoid costly replacement of all old batteries in a residential area.
- Reducing the harmful effects on the human body.
Types of decorative and protective elements of data
There are several types of screens:
- flat screens;
- Mounted screens without lid;
- Mounted screens with a lid;
- Screens in the form box.
The flat design is typically used to radiators located in the niches, as well as for the realization of the original design projects.
Mounted screens are designed for cast ironradiators, it is convenient to apply in cases where the radiator is located in a niche, and just above it is the window-sill. The disadvantage of this type is that in order to achieve a good result the front surface of the battery must be parallel to the wall. If the battery protrudes slightly out of the window sill, it is better to use the attachment with a lid.
If the radiator should be completelydecorate, it is somewhat skewed or pipes, suitable to it, too, planned to be fully shut down, it is recommended to use decorative screens for radiators, made in the form box.
What makes the screens for radiators
Metal screens for radiators - itthin metal box, painted in white color. They can hardly be called original or elegant, but they have a distinct advantage - low prices. More expensive metal screens on radiators made of stainless steel. Of course, this material is characterized by beauty and creates a unique view of the outer surface, but still conveniently fit them into the interior of the room is not always possible.
Grilles on radiators,made of wood, often made to order. Wooden elements noticeable drawback is that changes in temperature and humidity change can lead to deformation and drying. To avoid these troubles, wooden screens are made only of precious wood, which leads to a significant increase in their value. But such designs are ideal for interior, designed in a country style or in a classic style.
The emergence of MDF panels allowed us to obtaindecorative screens for radiators with same attractive appearance, like wood, but at a lower cost. lattice can be made of MDF boards of any complexity, shapes, resistant to temperature and it is very high quality.
For a more refined interior appliedglass screens, made of stained glass or tempered glass. They can be applied to any image and transform an ordinary shield at this exclusive piece of furniture, however, is required due to its fragility is very caring attitude.
The most accessible are considered plastic screens. But, despite the cheapness, their use is not recommended in a residential area, so as plastic tends to give off harmful substances when heated.
Screens and grills on radiators enabledecorate the room, add to it an element of comfort and completeness. The installation of these items of decoration will make you forget about the many problems of the content of radiators. They can be easily removed, washed and replaced, even if desired.
Screens can be applied not only in the residentialrooms, they are successfully used in public and office buildings, shopping malls, schools and kindergartens. Especially good their use in child care centers, it can significantly reduce injuries due to contact with hot batteries.