How to arrange street lighting Solar
How often do you go to bed at sunset? Silly question, right? Especially in winter, when it gets dark before the end of the day, and in fact after we still have so many things that you need to alter and necessarily today. In the cities easier - bright illumination on the streets and gives us the opportunity to meet with friends and go for a run to the shops, and just a walk before bedtime. And in the so-called private sector? Street lights are few and cover mainly Center. The outskirts of the most decorated one or two lights. That accounts for the owners of private houses to take care of the light of life. And more and more owners set streetlights on solar batteries. What? Light, and do not need to pay for electricity.
- Street lighting of a country house
- Selecting fixtures on solar batteries
- What is - solar lamp
- Strong list of benefits
- Terms of installation and operation
Street lighting of a country house
Any owner of his house wellIt is known that the arrangement of the farm and surrounding area (access to the site) have to deal with yourself. The state is not going to take on these responsibilities - you need to, and you do. But this independence gives us plenty of opportunities to do everything just as you want. However, when using a standard electrical fixtures, working on a common network, it is necessary to do a lot of "extra" movements related to the execution of national standards and approval of government agencies. Quite a different situation, which delivered us from the overruns of the forces and nerves, it turns out, if we make the lighting fixtures using autonomous solar-powered.
No matter how big (or small) our site, it is always a place in need of light. What is most often equipped with light sources?
- Porch (front door)
- path to home
Many steam dull lampshades above the door to the house orbarn replaces all possible illumination. Well, what if, before the shed and cellar have to stumble in the dark? There's also a couple of steps all pereterpit, but will not pay extra for electricity! Familiar?
Now let's see what we can do, having at its disposal lighting, independent of the power supply:
- make a decorative and functional lighting at home and any ancillary buildings
- highlight all the tracks on the site (and the annex building, and in the garden)
- decorate the landscape scenery (alpine slides, fountains, lawns, flower beds, gazebos)
- organize bright illumination of access roads to the site and the house
How do you? Like? Then determine what you want to select backlight, and proceed to the selection of appropriate lighting.
Selecting fixtures on solar batteries
We were lucky that the scientific and technical progressnow goes towards improving our lives. That is, many discoveries are not aimed at the sphere of arms (in any case, not only it), and towards the household improvements. And the results of those studies that were previously intended for what some military and space objectives, is now used in our peaceful comfortable life. One of these inventions and become solar panels. They have come a long way from the super-expensive devices used on spacecraft, to the modern variant.
So what do we offer manufacturersLamps with solar batteries? There are several classifications of lanterns with respect to various characteristics. But we are now is the most appropriate division of the streetlights on the method of installation:
- lanterns on short legs, a light source which is almost close to the ground (set mainly in the area next to tracks)
- lights on the posts of different lengths, covering a large enough space around (such lanterns conveniently illuminate driveways, or set them next to the porch)
- pendant lamps, hung on the branches of trees or stretched rope (hang over beds or near the gazebo)
- facade and recessed (mounted directly on the wall of the house - or as a light decorative details, or how bright the spotlight aimed at the desired areas around the house)
- Decorative lamps (well, here and so everything is clear - they can decorate a landscape features of the site and the house itself)
In any of these types of lighting devicesLEDs can be used with different brightness. After all, for purely decorative purposes more suitable mysterious multi-colored shimmer, and if such functionality is just lighting torches, then it is better to choose a more powerful lamp. So decide what you need, check out the catalogs, and buy yourself your favorite options. Just be sure to try to make your choice coincides with the basic design of the house and grounds, as the main feature of a spectacular design - its harmony.
What is - solar lamp
Despite the diverse design of solar lamps, all of which are arranged more or less standard and consist of the following components:
- the lighting unit (LED lamp in the housing)
- solar panel (photovoltaic module, which converts the sun's energy into electricity)
- battery (for the smallest models - Easy rechargeable battery)
- controller (automatically switches the light, at the same time optimizes the battery life)
- support (column, Leg, Arm, decorative building)
It would seem that nothing could be easier. However, this ingenious simplicity sought for many years. Recall that the use of precursors of modern solar started in the seventies of the last century. And these batteries are very expensive and with little efficiency. What has changed now? Finally, we learn to:
- make photovoltaic modules and compact with an efficiency of at least twice the level of cosmic counterparts of the last century
- make small-capacity batteries
- used as LED lamps
All this made it possible to get cheaphousehold fixtures on solar batteries. And design of various size, methods of installation and operational functions of the lanterns at the mercy of artists and designers that ever since the appearance of the first home and street light sources (such as torches, candles and oil lamps) sought to give them the grace, beauty and originality. Here we are now able to choose a solar lampion that best suits our tastes and preferences.
By the way, choosing a svetilnichek, do not forgetask its technical characteristics. In order for you to understand what is being said, here are some data on the maximum service life of components:
- LED - up to 100 thousand hours (considering that a day this LED work 8-10 hours, it turns out more than 27 years)
- solar battery - up to 25 years
- battery - up to 15 years
It is clear that for a quality with great priborchikservice life and need to pay qualitatively. But it's not necessary to buy the most reliable system. For the arrangement of street lighting on a suburban area is enough general term "shelf life" flashlight somewhere in 5-10 years, and during this time there will be even more reliable and miniature samples.
Strong list of benefits
Due to the simplicity of design and reliability components in solar lamps good benefits package. These include:
- affordable prices
- on payment of electricity savings
- ease of installation (mounted on their own, without the help of experts)
- the ability to install in any place, even inaccessible
- long service life
- ease of operation (switched on and off automatically)
- a large variety of design (can be used for decorative purposes)
- environmentally friendly (do not harm the environment, even when disposing of)
- Security (operating at low currents)
And virtually the only drawback of such lanterns - susceptibility to contamination - easily solved by periodic cleaning.
Terms of installation and operation
Such rules a little, just two.
Install lighting need so that during the day on their solar cells is sunlight as much as possible.
The battery itself is necessary from time to time to wipe the dust and dirt to make it work at full capacity.
That's it - you provided a bright life. Successful achievements in the field of lighting design!